Contribute to the Harmony Rag
The Harmony Rag is a regional publication by the Quartet of Nations Region 31, issued and distributed to all members in England, Scotland, Wales and the Netherlands. It contains articles, news, information, notices and stories from Sweet Adelines International chapters and members.
Publication months and format
|Month||Digital Format||Print Format|
Articles of the following nature may be submitted for inclusion in the Harmony Rag:
- Summary or highlights of recent chorus/quartet activities, e.g. shows, competitions, coaching
- Spotlight on chorus/quartet/member achievement
- Inspirational stories around life with singing a cappella four part harmony in barbershop style
- Educational content on singing. choreography, image and leadership
- Reviews of barbershop and/or singing materials (CDs, DVDs, shows)
Whilst the Harmony Rag is distributed and available to members of the Quartet of Nations Region 31, an electronic copy is also available from the regional website so someone who has never heard of barbershop singing or Sweet Adelines International may also access it. Please bear that in mind when writing your articles.
Also remember to check any facts that you are including in your article like names, dates, place and statistics, and ensure they are accurate. If the information has changed between your initial submission, it is your responsibility to inform the Editorial Team immediately through email@example.com.
Proofreading is done by the Editorial Team but we appreciate if you ensure that your article is free of spelling and grammar mistakes before submitting.
Needless to say, your article should NOT:
- contain profanity or pornographic material
- have content promoting unethical actions
- have content directly copied from another source or author without proper attribution
- not a rehashed/repurposed content of your previous submissions (unless it is part of a series approved by the Editorial Team)
Send copy of article(s) without any formatting in a TXT, RTF, DOC or DOCX format electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each article must not exceed 350 words.
Articles with images are highly encouraged. They should be 200 dots per inch (dpi) or higher, especially for the print edition. Please send images as individual files rather than embedding them in documents. JPG and PNG formats accepted.
All copies are due one month before publication date.
The Harmony Rag Editorial Team reserves the right to review and edit articles and publish only those that are deemed appropriate and relevant to the Sweet Adelines International members. If your article is deemed to be an advertisement in disguise, your article will not appear. Check out our advertising guidelines for details on how to submit an advertisement.
The Quartet of Nations Region 31 does not offer any compensation for articles submitted.
Neither Quartet of Nations Region 31 nor Sweet Adelines International will be held responsible for any loss or damage due to any inaccuracies in any of the articles submitted.
For questions and further queries, contact the Harmony Rag Editor at email@example.com
These guidelines are reviewed on a regular basis and may change from time to time.
Last update: 28 February 2015